Home / Information
Please read all the information, and feel free to contact us in case of any query or doubt.

Collection and return of the van

The collection and return of the van takes place at the Lisbon Airport.

There will be a 30-minute briefing to explain how the van works, how to operate the roof, how to use the cooker, the fridge, the sink, the camping gas, the water storage and other accessories, as well as the camping guidelines. We will handle the paperwork and give you the road book.

Colletion at 13h30. (*)

Return at 11:30 a.m., at the latest. (*)

* In case of collection or return outside the established hours, which should be determined before making the reservation, a service fee of 25€ may be charged (opening hours 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)



Once the dates are booked and confirmed, you will need to make a bank transfer of 30% of the amount and email us the confirmation. Only then will we carry out the reservation (we will send you our bank details to set up payment).

Please note that if you wish to cancel, you must notify us at least 30 days before the booked date, otherwise the 30% deposit will not be refunded. The remaining amount (70%) is payable on arrival by credit card, debit card or cash. (Mind your credit card limit; before traveling talk with your bank). Other payment methods are not accepted.
The deposit (€2.000) is made by credit card or cash. Other payment methods are not accepted.

The price includes

Road book
Full tank ( Diesel)
Basic equipment and extras on request
Personal accident insurance
Van insurance

See insurance
The van must be returned in exactly the same condition as it was collected.

In perfect condition

Full tank

Cleaned and washed

A thorough examination will be carried out and in case of damage or if any repair work is needed, there will be extra charges.

The value of the missing fuel plus 20€

cleaning fee of  50€

The Van base equipment.


Solar shower

Cooking equipment, cutlery and crockery

One camping gaz bottle

Table cloth, kitchen towels, handles



Wiring cable


Safety equipment: triangle, vest (mandatory use in case of breakdown or accident)

First aid box

Manual of good camping practices

Portugal map

Road book

All material is checked upon return of the van. If any item is found to be missing, you will be charged for its replacement (see information book).

The customer is deemed to know and comply with the camping code of conduct.



Personnal accident insurance

As a tourist agent, Combitours has a personal accident insurance policy, which is free and included in the price, so even outside the van all occupants are completely protected during their stay in Portugal. This insurance is only valid during the trip.

Van insurance

The van come with basic third party insurance and passenger cover of 50.000.000€. This means you will be covered in case of damage to other road users (legal liability). It does not include any damage caused by you to our vehicle.

The maximum amount of excess does not exceed 2.000€. This standard policy applies to all camper hire companies in Portugal.

Glass and acrylic materials breakage totalling 1.000€.

We are members of ACP, which provides roadside assistance with on-site repair services, which assures us that 94% of the cases are solved on-site and may then continue their journey.

In case of mechanical breakdown not due to the client, combitours pays for the repair. In case of misuse* the cost of repair must be paid in full by the client.

The insurance does not cover damage due to break-ins or vandalism. You are fully liable for this.


Towing of other vehicles (excessive wear and tear of the clutch).

Travelling on gravel roads or on roads with loose chippings (flat tires, damaged rims, any damage to the lower side of the van: damage to the steering system, the exhaust pipe, drive shafts, gimbals, oil tank).

To get bogged down in a loose sand road or in mud.

To cross waterways (battery discharge or isolation).